Unimaginably delicious, a recipe from Alice Heart’s Vegetarian cook book I made at home today.
Most of you will be surprised when I say that the pizza I made today is healthy and delicious! Indeed the only unhealthy bit of it is the yeast used to raise the dough.
Zucchini, fennel, buffalo mozzarella, rosemary and extra virgin olive oil are all the other HEALTHY ingredients.
And you can not even imagine how heavenly it tastes and how easy it is to make!
Perfect for an indulging Monday dinner after work 🙂
For 2 small quiche size pizza’s you will need
Preparation time 20 min, cooking time 15 min, resting time for the dough 1 hr
250 grams of strong flour (T45, 00, pasta flour)
½ teaspoon dried fast action yeast
2 table spoons of extra virgin olive oil plus extra to oil the bowl
160-175 ml lukewarm water
2 small zucchini finely sliced
1 fennel, finely sliced
4 rosemary strings, leaves stripped
2 table spoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 ball of buffalo mozzarella torn into pieces
- Make the dough
- Add all dry ingredients together first
- Add the olive oil and the water and mix together with a large cooking spoon first and then knead together until forming a ball shape dough that is smooth and yet sticky and elastic
- Oil a dish and let the dough rest for an hour covered with a damp (slightly wet kitchen cloth
- Prepare the toping
- Finely slice the zucchini and fennel, oil with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with rosemary
- Set a high oven temperature (200C) and pre-cook veg for 15 min
- Cut half of the raised dough and spread over a quiche dish using your hands
- Tear the mozzarella into little pieces and sprinkle over the dough
- Remove vegetables from the oven, sprinkle over the pizza, season with salt and pepper
- Bake and serve
- Bake at high temperature (200C) for about 12 min (check with your eye if ready pizza edges should be dark golden brown)
- Allow to cool for 5 min and serve!
- Repeat process for the second pizza!
Et volia- bon appetit 🙂